Often users are bored by the limitations of the official WhatsApp and want a more feature-rich communication tool. GB WhatsApp is a great alternative, containing all the basic features of traditional WhatsApp and designed by third-party developers. Hundreds of millions of users have already taken the plunge and are using this version. To make it easier for users, GB WhatsApp also enables data transfer between the software. So this article will help users understand how to transfer data from the official WhatsApp to GB WhatsApp.
GB WhatsApp & Traditional WhatsApp: What’s the Difference?
WhatsApp, a free multi-platform messaging app with over 2 billion active users, allows users to make voice or video calls, send text messages and keep family and friends living in different locations in touch. Its simplicity, cross-platform functionality, and accessibility have made it very popular. And GB WhatsApp, a modified version of the original WhatsApp, has not only the same basic features as the original WhatsApp but also many new and smarter features. It is a great choice if you want to customise WhatsApp for enhanced privacy and security protection.
Transfer Messages from WhatsApp to GB WhatsApp
No additional devices are required to transfer WhatsApp data to GB WhatsApp, just your Android phone and a smooth internet connection. If you know how to back up WhatsApp, it’s even easier. Here are the detailed steps to transfer WhatsApp messages to GB WhatsApp.
Back up WhatsApp Data
- Step 1. First, open the WhatsApp app on your phone, and tap on three dots menu in the top right corner.
- Step 2. Select the personal Settings tab and open it from there. Then find the Chats section.
- Step 3. Hit Chat backup and you will find the total storage space required to back up the data.
- Step 4. Enable the bottom toggle to back up the media files.
- Step 5. Finally, touch the green BACK UP button. Just wait until the backup is 100% complete!
Restore Backup to GB WhatsApp
Now that we have a WhatsApp backup, follow the steps below to restore it in GB WhatsApp.
- Step 1. Open Android Phone File Manager → Storage (internal or external, depending on where your device stores WhatsApp files) and find the folder called WhatsApp.
- Step 2. Once you have found this folder, copy it to “Downloads” or any convenient folder.
- Step 3. Now rename this folder from WhatsApp to GB WhatsApp.
- Step 4. Rename all subfolders, including WhatsApp names (e.g. WhatsApp Audio to GB WhatsApp Audio) with a little name.
- Step 5. After renaming all folders, reopen GB WhatsApp. GB WhatsApp has the same login process as the official one, which requires a mobile phone number for login.
- Step 6. During the setup process, GB WhatsApp will send you a notification asking you that “it has found the chat backup and if you want to restore it?” You just press restore and all your old chats will be restored.
Users will learn how to transfer data from WhatsApp to GB WhatsApp in this article. Simply put, make a backup in the official WhatsApp, change the file name of the backup and you can restore the same content in the GB WhatsApp app. If this article is useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.
GB WhatsApp Official
Official website: gbws.pk
Here for more info about GB WhatsApp.